Crunchy and delicious julienne shredded zucchini gets enhanced with fresh basil and nutty pine nuts.
- 4 small yellow zucchini
- 1 large green zucchini
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 cloves of garlic, grated
- ¼ tsp salt
- ⅛ tsp black pepper
- ½ cup chopped basil
- 3½ tbsp raw pine nuts
- 1-2 tsp lemon zest (optional)
- Using a julienne peeler, cut long strips of zucchini, until you reach the seeded core (where it becomes too soft to peel). Reserve the cores to use in soups, stir fries, etc.
- Heat 1½ tablespoons of olive oil in a large non stick pan. Add zucchini, grated garlic, salt and pepper and cook at medium heat for 5-10 minutes ( the times depends on the texture you prefer. For firmer, “crunchier” zucchini, cook for less time). Remove from heat and place in a shallow bowl
- Add pine nuts to the pan and toast for 2-3 minutes until golden brown, tossing often (pay close attention to the pine nuts as they can easily burn!). Add to cooked zucchini
- Sprinkle chopped basil and lemon zest (if using) and drizzle remaining ½ tablespoon of olive oil
- If you don’t have a julienne peeler, use a regular vegetable peeler to make wider ribbons. You’ll have “fettuccine” instead of “spaghetti”!!
Source: May I Have That Recipe