- 3 cups cashews, soaked in water for 3-4 hours
- 1 1/2 cups young coconut meat
- 2 1/2 cups coconut water (or plain water if you’re not cookoo for coconut)
- 1/2 cup agave/maple syrup
- seeds from 1 vanilla bean
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup dates
- 1/4 cup vegan milk (or more, as needed)
- 1 tablespoon nut butter
- To make the vanilla ice cream: in your high speed blender, blend all the ice cream ingredients – EXCEPT the olive oil – until smooth and deliciously addictive. Add what you think it needs then pour about half of it into a freezer safe container. Set aside.
- To make the olive oil ice cream: add the olive oil to the remaining ice cream mixture in your blender and blend until it is incorporated. Now the moment of truth – taste it. AMAZING, RIGHT? Put this into another freezer safe container.
- To make the caramel: blend all ingredients until smooth, adding as much liquid as needed.
- If you have an ice cream maker, I’m jealous. Use it according to its instructions for each ice cream (separately). If you want a caramel swirl in your vanilla ice cream, gently stir in the caramel by hand when the ice cream is the consistency of soft serve.
- If you don’t have an ice cream maker (like me), put each container into an ice bath until cold. Then put them in the freezer and stir them every 30 minutes until frozen. Same directions for the caramel swirl as written above. Serve with chopped nuts and sprinkle with salt.