For the Quinoa Balls:
- 40g raw quinoa (please make sure your quinoa is from an ethical source)
- 200ml low sodium vegetable stock (made up according to package instructions)
- 1 dry egg replacer (e.g Ener-G or Orgran or other cornstarch without the added water)
- 1/2 tbsp harissa paste
- 1 small leek, finely chopped
- 1 small carrot, finely chopped
- 30g fresh coriander
- 20g sesame seeds
For the Dressing:
- 10g vegan mayonnaise (you could use soya yoghurt or ‘sour cream’)
- 1/2 tsp harissa
- 1tsp soy sauce
For the Salad:
- 90g salad leaves
- 200g asparagus
- 100g cherry tomatoes
- For the quinoa balls, saute the leek and carrot in a little of the stock or cooking spray over a low-medium heat for about 5 minutes then add the quinoa and the remaining stock. Add the chopped coriander stalks.
- Cook for about 20 minutes, adding a touch more water if it simmers dry, until the quinoa is soft and all the water is absorbed.
- Leave to cool slightly and preheat the oven to 200′C/400′F. Stir in the harissa, egg replacer and chopped coriander leaves.
- Shape a heaped tablespoon of the mixture into balls and coat in the sesame seeds, place on the lined tray and bake for 20 minutes until lightly golden.
- Meanwhile mix together the dressing ingredients, taste and adjust to your liking.
- Heat a griddle pan over a high heat and add the asparagus, cook, turning regularly until tender and charred in places.
- Add the tomatoes to the griddle pan for a few minutes to blister the skin and warm them through.
- Divide the salad leaves, tomatoes and asparagus onto serving plates then top with the quinoa balls and drizzle with the dressing.