- 3 1/2 c. water
- 1/2 c. raw cashew pieces
- 2 t. lemon juice
- 6 T. agar flakes or 4 1/2 t. agar powder
- 4 T. nutritional yeast flakes
- 1/4 t. black pepper
- 1 t. salt
- 1/4 t. onion powder
- 1 T. cornstarch
- 2 T. cold water
- 1 T. white wine
- Pour into a sauce pot, bring to a boil reduce heat, simmer 5 minutes whipping frequently.
- Pour the dry ingredients into the pot and immediately whip in. Continue to slowly simmer, mixing almost constantly for another 3 – 4 minutes.
- Add cornstarch mixture and continue to whip over medium heat for another 3-4 minutes. Pour the hot mixture back into the blender or processor and blend for 2 – 3 minutes until smooth. Pour into a lightly greased or pan sprayed plastic tub, cover and refrigerate 4 – 6 hours until totally chilled. Using a wider shallower tub allows faster cooling.