- 1 cup water or soy milk (I used 1/2 cup of each)
- 1 cup flour (any kind of flour will work – even gluten-free!)
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 head of cauliflower, chopped into bite-size pieces
- 1 cup buffalo or hot sauce*
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil or melted vegan margarine
- Preheat oven to 450°
- Combine the water and/or soy milk, flour and garlic powder in a bowl and mix well.
- Grease a shallow baking dish/pan (I used two small ones) with cooking spray or vegetable oil.
- Dip each piece of cauliflower into the flour mixture, let the excess drip off and place it in the greased baking dish. As you can see in my photo, I didn’t let the excess drip off well enough. I had to cut off the rubbery batter spills from some of the pieces after they cooked.
- Bake for 18-25 (editor’s edit) minutes.
- Be sure to check the ingredients in the buffalo/hot sauce – not all are vegan. I used Frank’s Red Hot Wings Sauce in Buffalo flavor. If you don’t like spicy food, try a mild flavor like Frank’s Sweet Chili Sauce.
- I (the author, source link below) baked mine for 20 minutes since my oven is a little slow. However, I think they could go even longer – like maybe 25 to 30 minutes? I didn’t care for them right out of the oven. Instead, I waited until they cooled and then I crisped them up a bit in the toaster oven on about 300º for a few minutes.
Source: 86 Lemons