- 1/4 block of firm or extra firm tofu
- dash of garlic powder
- 1 cup of vegan mayonnaise (I used original Vegenaise)
- 1/4 tsp. tahini (sesame seed paste)
- fresh lemon juice
- apple cider vinegar
- In a medium size bowl, mix all ingredients except the tofu. Mix until it has a nice, smooth consistency.
- Crumble tofu (see photo above). This will be the ‘lumps’ in your dressing. Add tofu to dressing mixture and stir until combined.
- Regarding the tofu, it didn’t say whether to press it or not, so I did not press it (just drained it).
- Regarding the tahini… get ready to laugh. I thought it said 1/4 CUP (see my ingredients photo above?!). Believe it or not it still turned out fine. Original source says recipe can made without this ingredient, but it’s better with.
- Regarding the lemon juice and apple cider vinegar, you’ll have to taste as you go, adding just a teaspoon at a time until you are happy with the taste. Even with using 1/4 CUP of tahini, I only used 1 and a half teaspoons of lemon juice and 1 teaspoon of apple cider vinegar. Channel your inner chef and just go by taste.