- 2 Tbs. low-sodium tamari or soy sauce
- 1 tsp. light brown sugar or agave nectar
- 1 tsp. unseasoned rice vinegar
- ½ tsp. chile-garlic sauce, optional
- 1 Tbs. canola oil
- 1 small onion, quartered and thinly sliced
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- 1 ½ cups sliced button or shiitake mushrooms
- 1 ½ cups sliced red bell peppers
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 3 cloves garlic, minced (1 Tbs.)
- 1 Tbs. minced fresh ginger
- ¼ cup sliced green onions, for sprinkling
- Combine tamari, brown sugar, rice vinegar, and chile-garlic sauce (if using) in small bowl, and set aside.
- Heat oil in large wok or skillet over high heat. Add onion, and stir-fry 1 to 2 minutes, or until softened. Add broccoli and carrots, and stir-fry 3 minutes, or until crisp-tender. Add mushrooms, bell peppers, and cashews, and stir-fry 3 to 4 minutes, or until vegetables are tender. Add garlic and ginger, and stir-fry 30 seconds. Add sauce, and stir-fry 1 minute. Sprinkle with green onions.