- 1 c. ground flaxseed
- 1/2 c. whole flaxseed
- 2 c. carrot pulp (carrot/apple pulp makes the bread sweeter)
- 1/2 c. pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 c. sunflower seeds
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1 1/2 c. water
- Place all ingredients except for water in a large bowl and mix.
- Slowly add up to 1 1/2 cups of water until the mixture becomes batter-like.
- Allow the mixture to sit for 10 minutes so the flaxseeds begin to gel.
- Divide mixture between 2 teflex-lined dehydrator sheets. Spread into a large square with the back of a spatula.
- Dehydrate at 115 for 4 hours. Then flip the bread over onto the mesh tray and carefully peel away the teflex sheet.
- Score the bread with a knife, creating 9 pieces of bread on each tray.
- Dehydrate for 2-4 more hours until the bread is dry, yet pliable.
- Divide into 18 bread pieces. Cool and store in a ziplock bag in the refrigerator.
Yields 18 slices of bread