- 1 ½ Cups Almond Flour
- ½ Cup Tapioca or Arrowroot Starch
- ½ teaspoon Sea Salt
- 2 ½ teaspoons Organic Ground Cinnamon
- 1 ½ teaspoons Organic Ground Ginger
- ¼ teaspoon Organic Ground Nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon Aluminum Free Baking Soda
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 2 Large Eggs, Lightly Beaten (Pastured or Organic Eggs)
- 1 to 1 ¼ Cups Boiling Water (use up to 1 ¼ Cups if your dates are very dry)
- 1 ½ Cups Organic Pitted and Roughly Chopped Dates
- 1 Cup Chopped Walnuts or Pecans
- ¼ Cup Raw Honey
- 6 Tablespoons Pastured Butter (cut into chunks)
- Grease a 9×5 loaf pan with coconut oil
- Chop dates (removing pits) and set aside.
- In a small saucepan bring water to a boil and remove from heat.
- Add the chunks of butter, dates, and honey to the hot water, stirring frequently until the butter melts.
- Allow the mixture to cool.
- In a large bowl combine the almond flour, tapioca/arrowroot starch, salt, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, baking soda, and baking powder, whisking to combine.
- In a small bowl beat the 2 eggs and add to the cooled water/date/honey mixture.
- Add the egg mixture to the dry ingredients and stir until a smooth batter is formed.
- If the batter seems very thin add more almond flour, a tablespoon at a time, until the consistency resembles a cake batter.
- Add the nuts to the batter stirring to combine and pour into the greased loaf pan.
- Bake at 325 degrees for approximately 1 hour and 15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. If the loaf begins to brown too quickly cover with a piece of parchment paper or aluminum foil.