Emily von Euw
This Rawsome Vegan Life
January 19, 2013
- 1 cup buckwheat groats, preferably soaked in water for 1-3 hours
- 1/4 cup cacao powder
- 1/4 cup raw pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons hemp seeds
- 1 cup dates, or more as needed
- 2 tablespoons nut butter (optional)
- To make the crust: pulse the dry ingredients in your food processor until it’s like a rough flour. Add the rest of the ingredients and process until it forms a ball or clumps together.
- Using half the crust mixture, press into the bottom of cookie cutter molds or whatever else you want to use. Scoop softened ice cream into each one and then set in the freezer for an hour or so, until the ice cream is hard again. Press on the remaining half of the crust mixture. Let them set in the freezer for 30 more minutes and then push them out of the molds, gently. Enjoy!